Download file name: AROS Live CD
Aros-Live for PPC
I did my best to make this as usable as possible, but it's still far from complete. As of lack of time I probably won't be able to maintain this project, but you're of course free to do so. ATM (14.12.05) Aros under PPC only works with debug-mode enabled. You probably won't notice much regarding this, as it's anyways very faast.
to boot the cd type in OpenFirmware:
boot cd laros
to boot a menu type in OpenFirmware:
boot cd hdaros:
1) boots the cd (same as command above)
2) boots into hd-install script
3) template to boot the hdinstalled system
(don't use it if you haven't adjusted it to your aros-hd)
Hold "C" on power-on & it should boot into yaboot
You have several options for selecting your gfx-card I wish you all the best that it works for you, or that you can reconfigure it to make it work. I tested it on several macs, it worked with several but not with all...
- No idea which devices can be passed from linux to aros, so things may be turned off on the cd.
- Sound works at least with the ac97 onboard chip with pegasos2...
- Aros mighty crash when starting certain apps. Either this is wip/debug related or I didn't compile it correctly...
- in case you're dropped into terminal & a password is requested: password for root: "pass"
- the startscript (/scripts/aros.sh) defaults to 256MB RAM for Aros. If you don't like that remove "-m 256"
only tested on pegasos, as I've little (nearly no) knowledge about yaboot & friends... The install script (/scripts/hdinst.sh) maybe works with macs, too, but you'll have to adjust/install yaboot on your own (or type the boot-command in Firmware)
type in OF:
boot cd hdaros
& select option "2"
The hd-install-script will boot & you'll be guided through installation process... (it's far from being good, but it works...)
When this is finished you'll have to copy "laros" & opitionally "hdaros" to your boot-partition manually &, if copied, replace in "hdaros" option "3" line 29 /dev/hdXX with the partition you've just installed aros...
Author: Marcel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Version: xmas 0.5 File size: 267.53 MB
[ Home page
[ Editor review
| Report broken link
Download rating details
Total votes: 0
Overall rating: 0